Let’s face it, the hand-decorated casket is the funeral personalization I love the most. It captures every aspect of better, more meaningful goodbyes:
• It brings people together in a bonding and healing way
• It’s an activity — the doing of something together makes the goodbye real
• It’s creative expression of the highest order, with no judgement
• It creates a lifelong memory (that has the bonus of a guaranteed smile)
• It’s reclaiming our own way of saying goodbye, not relying on generic merchandise as the only possibility.
And here’s another one (in addition to this favorite and another favorite) I just found that is fabulous. Young school children adorning the casket of their beloved headteacher with their drawings.
Please, can this become a thing?